Monday, December 21, 2009

Instructions for Freedom


I have been reading the book "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert off and on throughout the year mixed in with some other books of similar themes.
I read for a little while last night before I went off to sleep and in the section where she is visiting the Ashram in India, there is this great poem/instructions that was given to Elizabeth from "the Plumber/Poet from New Zealand"

I'm not sure what it was about the words specifically, however, I found them to be so moving and they just had the most amazing impact on me - I have not been able to stop thinking about them and I really felt the need to share them...

Although I am not overly religious by any means, I do believe in a God and I do believe that there is something out there and I do believe in faith and I do believe that we all have someone watching over us to help and guide us...

Here is what he gave Elizabeth:

Instructions for Freedom

1. Life's metaphors are God's instructions

2. You have just climbed up and above the roof. There is nothing between you and the Infinite. Now, let go

3. The day is ending. It's time for something that was beautiful to turn into something else that is beautiful. Now, let go

4. Your wish for resolution was a prayer. Your being here is God's response. Let go, and watch the stars come out - on the outside and on the inside

5. With all your heart, ask for grace, and let go

6. With all your heart, forgive him, FORGIVE YOURSELF, and let go

7. Let your intention be freedom from useless suffering. Then, let go

8. Watch the heat of the day pass into the cool of the night. Let go

9. When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It's safe. Let go

10. When the past has passed from you at last, let go. Then climb down and begin the rest of your life. With great Joy

Life is too short to berate ourselves for the what if's all the time.... live, love and be free - you owe that to yourself xx

No comments:

Post a Comment