Saturday, May 15, 2010

Farmer's Markets


The research that needs to be undertaken for a project that I am working on includes going along and visiting a few of the different Farmer's Markets that we have in Canberra and the surrounding region.

So nice and early this morning I set off to visit the Capital Region Farmer's Market that is held every Saturday morning from 8am to 11am, located at Canberra's Exhibition Park.

It was so busy, lots of amazing looking produce, beautiful fresh cut flowers, fresh seafood, organic chocolate, juices, and some very scrummy looking cakes & cupcakes..... I was in food heaven!!


Walking around the various stalls, I was firstly struck by how friendly and helpful everyone was. The second thing that really jumped out at me was when asking about some one's produce - where it comes from etc? Was the passion each person had about their produce/products, it was amazing!

I purchased some very yummy things so that I could try out some new recipes.....
It was such a wonderful way to spend my Saturday morning and I can't wait to go back and visit that market again and I am really looking forward to visiting the next Market on my list xx

No comments:

Post a Comment