Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Power of Colour


I was very fortunate to be invited to go along and sit in on a friends colour workshop last week and I have to say I am in awe of the whole process.

I have worked with colours for so many years and yet I learnt so much during this session that it allowed me to build my skill base but more than that it gave me an different take on how Powerful colour can be and the importance it plays in our daily lives from a whole new perspective.
One of the aspects involves the draping of different coloured fabrics across the body and seeing the instant effect that it has was amazing. Once I knew what to look for, I could see the instant change in my friends face along with the change to her body - the fact that this process takes a holistic approach was fab!!

By the time you work through the process, which takes approximately 4 hours you come away with a renewed confidence, the tools to go out shopping knowing exactly what colours are going to make you POP and feeling that you can take on the world.

I can not wait to have my colours done and I promise to let you know how we go - am interested to see if my fav colours are MY colours?? Should be interesting.

Enjoy your Weekend!

The Cackleberry Kids xx

1 comment:

  1. I had my colours done about 15 years ago. It WAS amazing and I still follow the principles today. Just this week I got a lovely compliment about a shirt I was wearing and how it made my face look great - it was one of my colours I realise now (royal blue). The person went out of their way to say something so it must have been having quite an effect.

    It's hard to stick to buying your colours with changing fashions but worth it if you want to look your best all the time. Saves a lot of money in the long run.

    ReplyDelete