Monday, June 15, 2009

Yummo - Bouillabaisse

My latest cooking adventure was had on Sunday night and I have to say I am quite impressed with myself - I have been wanting to cook a Bouillabaisse (seafood stew) for many many years, but didn't feel confident enough to pull it all together..... but alas I found a simple form recipe in the recent edition of the Donna Hay Magazine (Issue 45 - June/July 2009).
So off I went yesterday afternoon on a shopping expedition for seafood! My list included; mussels, green prawns, white fish fillets, fennel and some beautiful vine ripe tomatoes..... umm yum!
The great thing about this recipe is that it only took about 30mins to get it all prepared and into the pot and only another 10mins to cook it.
It was another chilly night here in Canberra, so to be able to sit down to this beautiful steaming pot of seafood stew and fresh baked bread was so so good! .... and we ate two bowls each!!
The Cackleberry Kids xx

No comments:

Post a Comment