Monday, August 31, 2009

How good it feels!


You know the feeling you get when you clean out your fridge or your wardrobe... that clear, focused feeling that allows you to believe that you can do anything?

Well I have been doing some cleaning and clearing of my mind over the weekend and I have to tell you, it feels fabulous!

So many things happen to us as mums, wives, business owners and friends that we spend so much time doing everything for everybody and we neglect ourselves... Just having that 20 or so minutes to think by yourself without someone asking you a question or for something is really magical!

It allowed me to box up some stuff in my head and move it out of the way - so that I could focus on what was important to me - really priceless!!

My thinking took down on a little journey and I found that I wanted to:

Always support myself
Learn to think in positive affirmations
Thoughts & other's opinions have no power over us unless we give into them
Trust myself and my abilities
Love who you are what you do

I still have quite a bit of work to do, but I figure you have to start somewhere and this isn't such a bad place to start!

Plus what have I got to lose? My happiness is under my control!

Enjoy your day xx

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome and do you mind if I work on 'your list' with you :) I think I need a bit of work on a few of those.
    Fee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words indeed Kylie, thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this Kylie - It is true - us mums always look out for everyone else and forget ourselves along the way, so it's nice to get a reminder that WE matter too! I think I may need to have a spring clean soon too;...
    xx Jo

    ReplyDelete